Our local IKC offers a broad range of activities for Hope Vale residents and anybody who passes through. Monitored Internet Access, History Acknowledged Foyer Area (works underway), Children’s Corner to keep the kids busy while mum, dad & nannies can relax and read a book in the airconditioning. We have a great IKC Coordinator to assist with any questions if needed and if she can’t help, she will point you in the direction of someone who can.
Introducing Miss Toni
G’day everyone my name is Toni Woibo. I welcome you all as I am the IKC Co-ordinator here in Hope Vale. I am very happy to be in this position as I love working with children and being surrounded by our Traditional Language and rich culture. I grew up in Hope Vale and enjoy having all generations of our Hope Vale community visit the IKC. If you are looking for interesting information, stories and pictures that will help paint a picture of our history, the IKC is the right place to find it. I look forward to seeing your smiling faces walk through our doors. So, come along and enjoy some cool relaxing time in our Deadly IKC.
Everyone is all welcomed to our Local Library to enjoy some relaxing quiet time. You can also access some of our educational material such as Books, Computers and iPad. We are more than happy to assist with all online queries including Centrelink navigation, printing of forms & any individual online support.
We also have memberships if anyone would like to borrow any latest books and DVDS.
Hope Vale History
You will find heaps of photos from past and present elderly and young children showcasing Hope Vale’s history, stories and music written in Guugu Yimithirr about Hope Vale when it was a Mission as well as many great stories from when Hope Vale locals left for Woorabinda until the time they returned home.
- After School Activities
- Arts and Craft
- Story Telling/Reading
- Language (Guugu Yimithirr) Quiz
First 5 Forever
Some of our programs we do with our local kids which they also love.
- Toni has organised with the Kindy kids to visit the centre on a weekly basis every Wednesday from 10:30-11:30 doing activities such as Reading, painting and play based learning.
- Tech Savvy Seniors- Teaching our local senior community members some basic internet navigation and online technical support
What’s Happening – COVID-19 Updates
- Due to advice from QLD Health directives we have a maximum of 10 people allowed at any one time in the IKC.
- We have a temporary monitoring system in place to make sure everyone who uses the IKC gets the same amount of time to utilize everything the IKC has to offer.
- Education & hand hygiene practices is working well with hand sanitizer being used upon entry and exiting. Encouraging the wider community to keep up with safe hygiene practices.
- Upon arrival you will see marked areas where social distancing is in place. Chairs removed to adhere to QLD Health directives and the separation of tables and sitting areas.
- We ask that community supports our efforts in keeping our community safe
All areas wiped over every afternoon
- Front door handle
- Computer mouse/keyboard and desk
- Centre table
- Kid’s corner table and chairs
- IPad’s, desk and chairs
9:00am-5:00pm Monday – Thursday
Hope Vale Aboriginal Shire Council
1 Muni Street, Hope Vale Qld 4895
P: 07 4060 9367